Monday, January 12, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This holiday season was one of the most memorable. We are beyond grateful for our home and to get our own tree.  I cut down our Christmas tree from a local farmer just outside of our little town, Decorating it was fun and with lights from friends, a paper star, and other crafts that Bryce made this tree was amazing.

The best part of all, we were able to share this holiday season with many of our friends and family - We really felt the true gift of Xmas this year.

We were able to share the "North Pole" experience actually its the beautiful Oregon Garden that has a lovely exhibit with Santa each year in Silverton - But my angel just loved learning about the Polar Express and he kinda nicknamed the whole trip as our own  little Polar Express.


We are so grateful to nurse Liz who has become part of our family so quickly. With her help, I have been able to return to teaching and finding time to finish projects and  take care of me. My new friends in my community are wonderful and I have become part of the local art association.

Among the highlights of the past couple months - Bryce singing the entire song of "Bob the Builder," "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer," But now he loves to do short clips from the movie with Tom Hanks and the Polar Express where the conductor says, "all aboard" and many others fun lines from the movie-


When doctors told us SMA-1 was similiar to ALS (Lou Gerrigs Disease) - I had no idea what to expect - I suppose doctors are not always right Bryce will be turning 3 in January and living 1 year past his original diagnosis.

Never in my life have I ever been so happy- to be a mother of such a gorgeous and special smart clever boy! I just love how we are like to peas in a pod - we both love legos, puzzles, and reading. Of course "Where's Waldo" that is the best!

- Bryce is a living miracle and we don't talk about his diagnosis anymore - I don't hate SMA like I used to either - it has just become part of who we are and how we keep fighting - AND how we keep living and cherishing every day!









No comments:

Post a Comment